RULES OF DECORUM
1. The Association shall open and close with prayer.
The moderator and assistant
moderator, clerk and assistant clerk, shall be chosen by the suffrage
of the members present.
Only one member shall speak at a
time, and shall rise from his seat and address the moderator when he is
about to speak.
4. The person thus speaking shall not be interrupted in his speech by
anyone except the moderator until he is done.
5. He shall strictly adhere to his subject and in no wise reflect on
the preceding speaker, but define his ideas on the proposition for
debate, so far as he can.
6. No person shall abruptly absent himself from the Association without
leave of the same.
7. No person shall rise and speak more than three times on any subject
without permission from the Association.
No member of the Association shall
have the liberty to laugh during the sitting of the same, nor whisper
in time of public speech.
9. No member shall address another in any other form or term than that
10. The moderator shall not interrupt a brother or prohibit him from
speaking until he gives his views on the subject unless he shall
violate the Rules of Decorum.
11. The names of the several members of the Association shall be
enrolled by the clerk, and called as often as the Association may
12. The moderator shall be entitled to the same privileges of speech as
any other member, provided the chair be filled, but he shall have no
vote unless the Association be equally divided, in which event he shall
give the deciding vote.
13. Any member who shall willfully and knowingly violate any of these
rules shall be reprimanded by the Association as it may think proper.